Monday, October 4, 2010

Finders Keepers

Apartment lobbies are a funny thing — rented apartment buildings more so than buildings of owners. Upon entering the back lobby of our building on Friday we came across an immaculate, leather office chair. It was positioned in what I like to think of as the "free" zone. The precarious spot between the door and the sitting area that says, I'm not waiting to be taken outside by someone in particular, I'm just hanging around until someone (anyone) takes me. The parameters of the free zone are generally dictated by the table beside the lobby couch: on the table = free, beside the table = not for the taking. However, when oversized items are left out, it's hard to say. You're probably wondering if we took the chair. No, we already have enough crap in our apartment. Had it still been there the next day, it would have been tempting. So tempting, in fact, that the temptation would have outweighed the logical voice in my head that kept saying, Keep walking moron, you don't need another desk chair. I did, however, snatch up a 2-pack sample of the very shampoo and conditioner that I  happened to purchase last weekend. Today's findings: a single dryer sheet. I left that gem for someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by!