Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Charlie Brown Christmas Tree

As we get closer to being all moved in, we've finally been able to hang some art on the walls and begin to decorate. Since Christmas is just around the corner, we've also begun trimming the tree and strategically placing santas and snowmen around various rooms. Our first dilemma was realizing that our current Christmas tree is...slightly more diminutive than its surroundings.


It just felt so much bigger in our last place. And here's where I make myself sound like a total Grinch: I just don't feel like buying a bigger tree and more decorations and more lights. Next year for sure, but with all of the moving and boxes and buying and unpacking and selling old stuff, I don't think I have the energy.

So rather than upgrade, I propped up the little guy, and I think he's quite happy now sitting on the wine rack. It's a classic holiday solution: wine fixes everything.

1 comment:

  1. it sure does!

    hollyostler@live.com
    http://holly-closetomyheart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by!