Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Decadent Summer Salad for Two

This recipe is a mixture of a few favourite salads of mine. I made it for my girlfriends last weekend and again tonight for Luc. Since Luc isn't much of a salad guy, I know I've done well when he eats the whole thing and doesn't end up rummaging through the kitchen cupboards afterwards.



2 handfuls of strawberries
1 mandarin orange
1 avocado
1 large handful of pecans (candied, if you like them sweet and crunchy like me)
1/4 red onion
1/2 tube goat cheese
1 small head of butter lettuce
Raspberry vinaigrette salad dressing (I use Kraft Raspberry Vinaigrette)

-Rinse butter lettuce and tear into bite size pieces
-Slice strawberries length wise
-Peel mandarin and cut slices in halves
-Cut avocado into slices or chunks (whichever you prefer)
-Dice red onion
-Arrange butter lettuce on two plate and toss with red onion
-Top with the cut up fruit and avocado
-Sprinkle on pecans
-Break up goat cheese into small pieces and top salad
-Add as much salad dressing as you like and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by!