Monday, February 1, 2010

Desperate times

It's feeling like a hot bath and hot chocolate kinda night. When did it get cold again in Vancouver? It's always the same - snow at the end of the year, everyone freaks out, then it warms up again. I'm a creature of habit and I don't appreciate this chill-you-to-the-bone dampness going on here. When I got home this evening, I was so cold that I actually reached my bare, vulnerable, fleshy little hand under the radiator to turn up the heat.  It's a cavernous den of evil. Who knows what kinds of beasts take residence under there. And I'm not just talking about spiders - I mean horrible little creatures that could bite your hand off in one go. I never reach under the radiator. It's a no-fly zone, kind of like the bottom of a lunch bag you left in the trunk for three months. Do not enter. I emerged unscathed, but I'll probably never do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by!