Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A new baby boy

Our best friends welcomed their first nephew into the world today. Congrats Kate and Tom!! And after seeing her sister-in-law go through 2 days of labour, I think Kate will be waiting a bit longer before she jumps on the baby train. I, on the other hand, still live in a fantasy world where babies come out of the womb looking like this:


Hat and all. And in my fantasy world, they aren't so much birthed as they appear magically with no pain or inconvenience, pooping rainbows and giggling softly. We've spent a lot of time with the babies in our family, but for some reason I still have this skewed vision of what it means to be a parent and what it takes to literally have a baby. Needless to say, I think we'll get married and see what transpires before we start talking babies, but for now it sure is fun to hang out other people's children! I'm so excited for our friends to see how great it is to be an Auntie and an Uncle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by!