Thursday, March 25, 2010

Our wedding vision, up in flames

Have you ever seen TV shows or movies where a couple is getting married and their venue is double booked? How awful, right? Ours wasn't double booked...it burned down. OK, it's not a pile of rubble and ashes or anything, but we got an email from the coordinator this afternoon telling us that there was a fire and that our room and the kitchen were both badly damaged. And if you think I wasn't upset enough, I then discovered that it was due to an arson, and then I was just full out angry. 

They don't have a projection yet for when the venue will be repaired and everything will be up and running again, so Luc has made me promise not to lose my shit....until I find out. We should know next week whether or not we have to start searching for a new venue...and caterer...and hotel for our guests close to the venue...and ceiling decor that fits our new venue...and I just really don't want to think of how much stress this will cause. The venue was one of the most important choices and the first thing we booked. I looked at reception spots before I looked at wedding dresses. 

I don't want to belabour the point any further though - until we know for sure that we're screwed. For now I'll try and forget about this fiasco until we hear back from the coordinator next week, and I'll be thankful that our wedding isn't in May, as we had first planned. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh My I'm so sorry! That's horrible.

    I know how much work and thought I'm putting into picking my venue, I can't imagine how much of a mess I would be if I finally made a decision and then something like this happened.

    I really, really hope it all works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I hope everything works out for the best.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by!