Thursday, June 18, 2009

Honestly Scrappy

Saturday Jane, a fellow blogger (and a rather witty young lady, I must say) bestowed upon me a blog award...my first award, which I proudly post below.

This award comes with terms, and therefore, I present to you, ten things about myself. I must issue a warning though, this is not for the faint of heart. Please friends, try not to recoil in horror as I reveal to you secrets that I have kept pent up for years, nuggets of truth that I keep hidden away so that nobody will see the real me, things so shocking that even my closest confidantes may feel like all through these long struggles of friendship, they have never truly known the real Kristen.

1. When I was born I weighed 11lbs, but I tell people that I weighed 12lbs because that one pound makes it sound that much more awesome.

2. I order my lattes "extra hot" at Starbucks but then I always wait until they've cooled down to drink them.

3. I eat cereal for dinner more often than I'm willing to admit.

4. I have a completely irreconcilable fear of the dark.

5. I was a vegetarian for 14 years, but I ate hot dogs the whole time...OK, maybe everyone I know already knew that about me - there is a bevy of photographic evidence and one day I will find one of those unflattering hot dog eating pics and post it on here.

6. I don't know how to burp.

7. My lifelong dream has been to be on Saturday Night Live - I used to memorize the skits and perform them when I was a little kid...I actually still do that. In my high school yearbook, the last line of my grad quote says, "Look for me on SNL one day", and even though nobody would remember that, I'm still going to show up at my 10 year reunion with my tail between my legs for not achieving comedy greatness.

8. I hate the wind. I don't mind a gentle breeze on a hot day, but when the wind is whipping every single hair on my head in a different direction I feel like I'm going to have a break down.

9. I think caesars are totally gross and I really, honestly don't understand why they are so popular.

10. I'm a HUGE music lover - I'm always downloading (I mean....buying...) new songs and I go to a ton of concerts. In fact, Luc and I are going to see the Tragically Hip on Tuesday. Luc is also a huge music lover and we're currently thinking of fun ways to fit certain songs (in certain special ways) into our wedding.

And since I don't have a large group of blog friends, I inevitably pass on the award to only one person (rather than seven), whom I expect to keep the "Honest Scrap" torch burning: Chelsea, whose blog makes me cry tears of laughter.

3 comments:

  1. You don't like Caesars? The only thing I don't like about Ceasers is that I don't know how to spell the damn word. I could always spell check, but then I forget 2 minutes later. It's always a toss-up with me - 'a' or 'e' first - but it may be my dyslexia kickin' in (that's a whole other issue on its own though)!
    How can you not like a little spicy bean, a hint of salty delicious rimmer and the fact that it cures even the worst of all epic hangovers? It's a miracle drink, I tell ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there's something unsettling for me about drinking salty liquid...I don't know anything else that I drink that's salty; it seems to me that salt is a flavour best kept for food. Soup would be the only thing, but that's eaten with a spoon, so that changes everything.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by!