Thursday, August 13, 2009

#30 - Something the whole family can enjoy

30: Come up with 12 healthy "go to" dinner recipes (4/12)

This is definitely one of my favourite recipes, not only because it's easy, healthy and deliciously mouth-watering, but because you can take the finished product and do whatever you want with it. Don't feel like eating healthy? Smother it in mozzarella and mayo and cheddar and as many condiments as you can stand to put on one bun. Or eat it open faced, eat it on bread, eat it with no bread at all, just a naked burger on your plate, begging to be eaten and spared the humiliation of sitting undressed in front of all the other burgers with the nice buns. And FYI, they heat up really well the next day for lunch at 
work. You can take my word on that one. I even had one for dinner tonight that was left over from last night. Just now. I literally just finished eating it, and that's why I'm writing this because I remembered, "oh yeah, I was going to post this recipe..." sooooo, here we go!

Tarragon Turkey Burgers

1 lb lean ground turkey
1/2 cup coarsely shredded zucchini
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1 tbsp fresh (or dried...I use dried) tarragon leaves
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp salt
3 grinds black pepper
2 large eggs

Preheat broiler or grill.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and shape mixture into patties.
Cook 5 minutes per side or until browned. 


I like to cook for 5 mins on each side, then flip for one minute, then flip again and add a bit of shredded mozzarella cheese. Once the cheese is melted, I take them off and eat them on whole wheat hamburger buns with mayo and iceberg lettuce.



 

1 comment:

Thanks for dropping by!