Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The sun's still shining, people

I'm slowly adjusting to post-vacation life. It's always a drag, but there are a few things that lift my spirits...like the fact that in another 3 weeks we have another week of vacation! And after that vacation I don't even have to go back to work. Sure, I have to go back to school, but that's a welcome change and something that I've been looking forward to for months now. Maybe Luc will take me back to school shopping? I need Microsoft Office for my mac, some coloured pens would be fun, and maybe some stretchy pants? Are the cool kids still wearing stretchy pants?

Despite my eagerness to start classes, I don't want to think too much about September just yet. The back-to-school commercials are springing up on TV but I'm not done with summer. My mindset is firmly planted on the beach and I refuse to get caught up in the brouhaha of "oh my god, it's August, the summer's almost over....let's all be really sad." It's tough though, because when a September issue of a magazine arrived in our mailbox yesterday I was all, "what the hell, don't be showing me trench coats and wellies, I'm not done yet with my flip-flops."

It's amazing how fast the summer flies by when you work full time. We live for the weekends, so when you're constantly hoping that Monday-Friday go by like a flash of light, a month can sometimes feel like a week. Fellow full-timers can surely relate. However, this month, I am determined to fill as many weeknights as possible with summer activities, breathing new life into Mondays and making Thursday evenings more than just "the day before Friday". Weeknights will be just as fun as weekends, doing things that I will look back on in the fall, sighing with a reminiscent grin on my face. I'm not going to bitch about summer ending! I'm going to celebrate what's still left of it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by!