Thursday, May 7, 2009

I love lists

Reading comments on one site led me to another site, where I found this survey, and I thought to myself, "self, why not?"

What's your current obsession?
This blog; trying to "find my own voice" and post things that aren't completely boring.

What's your weirdest obsession?
Making up stories in my head - like when I'm on the elliptical on the 2nd floor of my office building, watching people cross the street and I make up stories about them and why certain people are together and where they're going, etc. Or lying to my friends and trying to make them believe ridiculous stories...but I always tell the truth after.

What are you wearing today?
I think I can be excused for my outfit-- I happen to be at home sick today (although starting to feel well enough to sit up for more than 10 mins at a time)...Luc's old, black U of S sweats and a blue, striped t-shirt with a cute little breast-pocket from Superstore's awesome clothing line, Joe.

Why is today special?
Because tomorrow is Friday and Friday is before the weekend and the weekend is the best time of the week because I don't have to work.

What would you like to learn to do?
Too much. I always write lists of things to accomplish...like learn to play the guitar, speak fluent German (I can get by, but I still get nervous about speaking in front of people), surf like a pro, cook really well....

What's for dinner today?
Not much of an appetite right now...I haven't been able to eat all day, but I've been toying with the idea of tomato soup for dinner.

What's the last thing you bought?
I went shopping last weekend and got a black cardigan, a sports bra, workout pants, a scarf, a black tank top and a grey t-shirt. What I was really looking for was a jacket or heavy sweater. Shopping FAIL.

What's your favourite weather?
Anything that can be seen here.

What's your most challenging goal right now?
Saving money for tuition...which involves avoiding these places: here, here and especially here.

What do you think about the person who tagged you?
You see, that's the sad part. Nobody "tagged" me because I don't have any friends who blog yet. Therefore, I have to read other people's blogs and take surveys like this and give them to myself. I think I'm going to change my "most challenging goal right now" to: not crying because I have no internet friends.

If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?
Well, if I still have to work after getting this amazing house, it would be one of those HUGE places right on Locarno Beach or Spanish Banks. If this house came with an equally wonderful trust fund, it would be in the French countryside.

Favourite vacation spot?
Nice, France. But for the all-inclusive hotel experience - Los Cabos. However, there are places that I've never been to before that I'm sure could blow both of those places out of the water.

What would you like to have in your hands right now?
The remote...Luc just got home from work and the TV is giving me a headache. But seriously, a large, Reese peanut butter cup blizzard from Dairy Queen. And a hot dog in the other hand. And an advance DVD viewing of the new Harry Potter movie...because I'm going to finish that hot dog pretty fast and I need something to put in my hand again.

What would you like to get rid of?
My hair. But I have a sneaking suspicion that underneath it all lies a misshapen head that would frighten young children. I wasn't given this head of uncontrollably thick hair for no reason - someone's clearly trying to cover something up here.

If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
A beach at an all-inclusive hotel where they have those beautiful, white canopy beds.








What's your favourite thing about the city you live in?

So easy: UBC campus in the fall, the mountains in the winter, the places to ride my bike in the spring (seawall, Steveston, tree-lined neighbourhoods), the beach in the summer, and all year round perks: great restaurants, tons of great concerts, good shopping, the Canucks and lots of family nearby.















If you had $150 to spend right now, what would you spend it on?
Custom, powder blue fenders for my cruiser bike.

Do you admire anyone's style?
Rachel Bilson and my friend Henghameh ...and Lady Gaga for her bold originality.

Describe your personal style.
I really don't think I could, to be honest. I don't think what I wear fits into one category.

What are three live shows that you have seen?
Cats, Hula Performance at the Polynesian Cultural Centre in Oahu and pretty much every band that I enjoy listening to.

Now I'm supposed to tag a blogger friend to do this survey too....someone start a blog dammit!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by!